The following is the most current information. Please check our website for updates as things change. We will continue to adjust business operations and policies as needed. The following actions will affect some of our homeowners:
- All MTA and independent contractor classes, hall rentals, and meetings are canceled through May 31, 2020.
- All April, May and June special events are canceled.
- Tiny Tots and Seniors are canceled for April and May.
- All swim lessons and water aerobics are canceled for April and May.
- All MTA rec centers will be closed through May 31st, subject to government mandates. We may re-open sooner if allowed. While the rec 3 facility will be closed, it will be staffed M-F from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm through the pass-thru window to the exterior. The window will be for taking deliveries and mail drop off, including Design applications. No transactions will be processed.
- Until May 31st, MTA landscaping will be reduced to only 10 workers per day, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- Until May 31st, Maintenance will be reduced to only 2 workers per day, seven days a week, with a focus on rubbish pickup from the oops stations and keeping the pools clean.
- The MTA Admin office will be closed to homeowners through May, then re-assessed.
- Design applications will be accepted via mail or email through May 31, 2020. Drop-off applications will only be accepted at rec 3 M-F.
- Accounting will accept mail-in transactions. Escrow demands will be processed once a week. Invoices will be processed and checks will be cut weekly.
- During this time, employees who are able, are working from home to help reduce the spread of the virus. Phones are not being answered as there are no employees in the office most days. Email remains the best method of contact.
- Any further government mandated or recommended guidance will be followed and may change the aforementioned dates.
- Management is continuously monitoring the CDC for updates or required changes to procedures and will err on the side of caution, in order to protect our homeowners and employees.
We will continue to make adjustments as needed, with the number one priority being the safety of our homeowners and all employees. If you have any questions, please contact Dave O’Neal, General Manager, at .