The following is the most current information as of 6/19/20. Please check our website for updates as things change. We will continue to adjust business operations and policies as needed. The following actions will affect some of our homeowners:
- All MTA and independent contractor classes, hall rentals, and meetings are canceled through July 31, 2020.
- All June and July special events are canceled.
- Tiny Tots and Seniors are canceled for June and July. Due to social distancing requirements, it may be many months before these programs return.
- All swim lessons and water aerobics are canceled for June and July. We are monitoring the ever-changing guidelines, but it is doubtful swim lessons will return while social distancing requirements are in place.
- All MTA rec centers and pools are open, with the exception of rec 5 and rec 6. Capacity is limited at rec 1 and rec 3 to no more than 35 in the pool/on deck during open swim. Rec 4 will be limited to no more than 35 at a time in the pool and splash park combined. The rec 7 gym will be limited to no more than ten playing basketball on the court at a time, and ten waiting, or twelve playing volleyball on the court and six waiting. Rec 2 and rec 7 pools will remain lap swim only, by reservation only, until July 3rd. The rules are posted. Hours of operation will be 7am to 7pm, seven days a week.
- Pickleball and Tennis are open, see emergency rules for tennis and pickleball in the rules section. Singles and Doubles play is allowed, with restrictions.
- The MTA Admin office phone (623-7300) is answered M-F, from 8am to noon, and 1pm to 4:30pm. The building will be closed to walk-in customers. All departments will be doing all functions Monday through Friday. The building will have about 50% staffing on site, with the remaining staff working remotely. All staff will have full email access to answer questions remotely. Covenants will be fully staffed every Monday to take phone calls. Design will be fully staffed every Tuesday to take phone calls.
- Design applications are accepted via mail or email. You may also drop-off applications at rec 3 and rec 7.
- Email remains the best method of contact.
- Any further government mandated or recommended guidance will be reviewed, and may change the aforementioned dates.
- Management is continuously monitoring the CDC for updates or required changes to procedures, and will err on the side of caution, in order to protect our homeowners and employees.
We will continue to make adjustments as needed, with the number one priority being the safety of our homeowners, and all employees. If you have any questions, please contact Dave O’Neal, General Manager, at .